Access Control (ACL) by prefix IPv4 and IPv6, for use of the recursive DNS service.
In BrbOS it is possible to create ACLs and / or firewall rules to ensure that only permitted network clients are served, and that the recursive server can query external DNS servers.
So you can create rules for:
- accept requests from range 192.168.0.0/12 and request queries from range 192.168.100.0/24 and 192.168.200.0/24;
- Only accept recursive queries for RFC 1918, while responding zone records for any IP. Very useful functionality to make recursive and reverse on the same machine;
- accept only query for zone records and not work as recursive;
- deny or refuse recursive prefix queries
- deny or refuse to query zones by prefix
WIKI - http://wiki.brbyte.com/wiki/BrbOS/Aplicativos/DNS_ACL.
Download and install right now on a server or virtual machine.